Medicare Supplement Plans - Lafayette, In
Headquartered in Lafayette, IN, serving Indianapolis, Kokomo, Merrillville, Valparasio, Terre Haute
Medicare Supplement Plans:
- Medicare Supplement Insurance plans (also called "Medigap" insurance) are designed to helps fill the "gaps" in Original Medicare Part A and Part B.
- Medicare Supplement plans are sold by private companies, such as United Healthcare, Anthem, Humana, and numerous other private companies.
- Your Medicare Supplement premium is paid in addition to your Medicare Part B premium ($145 in 2020).
- You must be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B before you're eligible to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan.
- A Medicare Supplement plan is different from a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Medicare Supplement plans are standardized and guaranteed renewable (can't be cancelled) regardless or your health care changes so long as you pay your premium.
- Medicare plans sold since 1/1/2006 aren't allowed to include prescription drug coverage, which makes it necessary to enroll in a Part D plan for a prescription drug coverage plan.
- Medicare Supplements only cover one person; a spouse wanting supplemental coverage will have to enroll in their own separate Medigap plan.
- It's illegal to be enrolled in both a Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plan at the same time.
- Medicare Supplements don't cover services not covered by Original Medicare such as Long-Term Care, dental care, hearing aids, eyeglasses or private-duty nursing.
Because Medicare Supplement plans are standardized, any given plan (e.g. Plan G) will have the same exact benefits regardless of what company is offering the plan. However, the premium an insurance company charges for it's Plan G is not standardized. Rates for a Plan G vary from carrier to carrier. Other important considerations include the history of a carriers rate over the last 5 to 10 years and the customer service you receive after you enroll. An experienced independent insurance agent / broker will be knowledgeable of these differences.
Why Do You Need Supplemental Medicare?
It is important to remember that Medicare does not completely cover your health care costs. A supplemental plan ensures a broader range of coverage so you do not have to pay out-of-pocket with each doctor visit. A low monthly premium will give you peace of mind as your need for health care grows.
Why Choose Medicare Supplemental Plan Over Medicare Advantage Plan?
One reason why some people choose a Medicare Supplement plans and Medicare Advantage plans is that with a Medicare Supplement plan, you have the ability to see any provider (doctor, clinic, Urgent Care, Hospital, Ambulatory Surgical Clinic, etc.) in the country that accepts Medicare and is taking new clients. There are no network restrictions, and never have to choose a primary care doctor.
Medicare Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.